Sunday, July 6, 2014

Garlic Bread from Spagalimis

Cooking Teddybear 356 Main North Road
Redwood
Christchurch
Phone:
0800 113 113

http://www.spagalimis.co.nz/

 
 From time to time we have pizza from our, and what we would consider, one of the better pizza eating/takeout places in Christchurch.  Certainly their pizza's are of a good standard.  Their Garlic Bread however - is still - well . . .
We decided that pizza alone today was not enough, so added the Garlic bread to the takeout. As usual by the time we got home - paper bag - quality - taste - etc - it was well below what we would consider even just middle of the road standard. No real surprises there.  The only surprise being that the bread itself has changed shape and form.  Compare this with the previous visit / takeout.
A earlier Garlic Bread from Spagalimis.JPG
Apart from that - same old same old - enough said ^^




 
Presentation 1 out of 5
Quantity 1 out of 5
Taste: 2 out of 5
Quality 3 out of 5
Overall score: 7  (out of poss 20)

1 comment:

  1. Funnily enough, I had a Spagalimis garlic bread recently too, and I quite enjoyed it. They're about a 2minute walk from my house so by the time I got home it was still quite fresh. What interested me was that I could actually see GARLIC on the garlic bread. Quantity seemed a bit small and the paper bag is never going to win points on the presentation, but I actually quite liked having a properly cut large size piece of bread, decently covered in spread. Even from your photo, I can see a decent coverage of butter.

    Don't disagree that much with the scoring though. I prefer it to the pizza base spread with butter, and it's a definite improvement on the standard pizza hut roll version, but it isn't the best ever.

    ReplyDelete